helenlt on September 13th, 2013
The Library has a wide range of electronic resources and journals available. It’s a great collection and we often get asked if it’s OK to download a copy of article to make it available on the LMS or to print out a copy to include in a print course-pack. When we subscribe to our electronic resources, we sign licence agreements with the database providers which determine whether or not we can use material from that particular database on the LMS or in a course pack. In many cases, databases prefer that give students a link that way they know exactly how many people are using their content. As such, we usually have to tell people that it maybe OK but we would need to check the licence agreement for that particular database.
The Library catalogue now has a great new feature where you can check the license conditions for a particular e-journal. Below are step by step instructions.
1. Go to the Library homepage – http://library.unimelb.edu.au/ – and click on the link for the catalogue
2. Click on the title to do a title search.
3. Enter the title of the journal you want to check
4. Click on the link for the journal
5. On the page for the journal, click on further details
If you have questions please contact us.