helenlt on December 12th, 2012
…my true love gave to me 5 simple steps to follow for making copyright material available on the LMS.
Christmas and starting to prepare for Semester 1 seem to go hand-in-hand. But although the lead up to the big day can be quite stressful, getting content on the LMS can be easy if you follow these 5 steps.
- Limit the types and amounts of material.
- Acknowledge all material with a proper and accurate citation.
- Display the required copyright warning notices.
- Register textual material and images being communicated online with the Copyright Office.
- Restrict access to staff and students involved in the subject. Access can be granted to external people who assist with teaching or administering the subject.
Remember that if you need any assistance in dealing with copyright issues in course material, please contact us.